How to download interesting posts into my computer?

motilulla

Office Version
  1. 2010
Hello everybody,

There are many interesting posts regarding the topics that i'am interested in which i want to save in my computer.

Is it possible to download it into my computer?
(i'm really curious to know if it can be done)

Thanks and Regards,
Moti

Why don't you just save the webpage to a folder on your computer from your broswer.

I have a "VBA Codes That's Handy" Excel Document in which I have Modules in VBA renamed to the relevant subject ie Delete Rows, Names, Sheets or whatever the code does

Any handy code that I use, or other people's code that I think I might use in the future is stored here in the module, with notes to what the code actually does.

For me the info/notes about what the code does is vital as whilst my knowledge is ok, often when I go back to it, it doesn't jump out what the code does.

I also have a "Tips Organised That's Handy" Document for Formulas, Chart Examples, etc , broken down on individual sheets with the sheet tabs named for the subject on the sheet

Just my way of doing it I guess, but works for me. I found the "favouriting" of web pages didn't work for me as I was still trying to find the specific page within lots of pages I had saved. Again though the most important part is the notes / naming that I make to make it easy for me!

All the best

Mark

I simply right click on body of message and go Send To and email link to myself .

Pedro

Personal preference for VBA code is to copy it to a text file, that way when I copy and paste various bits of code I don't have extra modules cluttering the VBA editor or workbook.

Hi PA HS Teacher,

I can do this but if Thread has 3, 4 or more pages I have to save one by one
And same I have to do for open them. Is there any macro or vba to do this?

Hi Mark F,
If you have some VBA to do this please show me.

hi Pedro-egoli,
As you suggest i can only send link but i cannot save post in my computer.

Hi Jasonb75
Well may be in future click you some thing please post.

Thanks to all of you.

Thanks And Regards
Moti

Hi PA HS Teacher,

I can do this but if Thread has 3, 4 or more pages I have to save one by one
And same I have to do for open them. Is there any macro or vba to do this?
Under the User CP section of the board, you can go to edit options and towards the bottom there is a section for how many posts to show per page and you can change that from Use Board Default to say like 40 and then you do not need to save individual pages except in maybe a few circumstances where there are more than 40 replies.

Hope that helps.

Under the User CP section of the board, you can go to edit options and towards the bottom there is a section for how many posts to show per page and you can change that...

Also, each thread has an option for a 'printable version' which removes all of the pictures, formatting, etc and just contains every post as plain text. You can find it under the 'Thread Tools' menu as the first option, labeled 'Show Printable Version.' On that printable version page, there is a link at the top to show all posts as one page. You could then save the page that way.

Last edited:
Now that is a handy tip! Not found that one before, thanks Kristy :)

Also, each thread has an option for a 'printable version' which removes all of the pictures, formatting, etc and just contains every post as plain text. You can find it under the 'Thread Tools' menu as the first option, labeled 'Show Printable Version.' On that printable version page, there is a link at the top to show all posts as one page. You could then save the page that way.

Kristy,

Did you just put that link in at the top of the printable version page to make yourself look good ;)

Actually I hadn't noticed that link either, but have used the printable version before, but don't think I have ever printed more than a page of threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back