How to download this data in one excel file but in multiple sheets ?

papertrader

I am trying to pull Historical data for derivatives into excel and keep running into a wall.

https://www.nseindia.com/products/content/derivatives/equities/historical_fo.htm

This is the link from where I wish to download the data into excel. I can pull the CSV file individually from the website for each scrip that I need.

An example will be -

Select Instrument : Stock Futures Select Symbol : ACC Select Year : 2019 Select Expiry: 29-8-2019 Select Option Type: Select Option Type Enter Strike Price: For past: 24 Months

A table will be generate along with a link for a CSV file. But that will be the individual file for one scrip (ACC, in this case). These are the parameters that I wish to download for each scrip. I have a list of 150 scrips. It is not optimum to download 150 files daily and copy pasting them into one file on different sheets.

I have tried "inspecting" the table on the website to find a URL which I can feed into the query. However, that does not work.

The parameters would remain nearly the same (except for the Symbol Name and Expiry). Expiry would change only once we move into the next month's series.

I am interested in knowing if there is a way to automate this whereby I could link excel query to refresh the report for ALL scrips in derivatives segment each day. I have in mind one sheet per Symbol Name. So, each sheet will have a link for that Symbol which will pull the report afresh each day.

Is there any way of achieving this ?

My apologies if this is not the right place to post this. Am new to this and would request your indulgence.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Do let me know if I have not made myself clear. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back