How to duplicate a column containing VBA code

jrooney7

I am creating a note-taking worksheet for which the design is a column for the user to note certain features of an item. The column contains several ActiveX comboboxes. I have learned how to insert vba code to allow the user to key into and out of the comboboxes as they move down the column for ease of end-use. The code I've entered works - yay! My problem arises from the fact that the end-users will need more than one of these columns based on the number of items they are documenting - this is never a set number (otherwise I would just do all the coding on my end now) and can range from 1 to 50 or so (I don't want to do all that coding!) Is there a way for the end-user to enter design mode and copy the existing column, insert a copy of the column, and have the code copy also so that the new column allows the proper tabbing in and out too? I'm using Windows 7 and Excel 2013. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back