How to dynamically pass cell values as a parameter for new PowerQuery?

Alwexis

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I created a connection to REST API using PowerQuery in Excel2016 and it gets me information about companies.

In a certain query table, after the results are loaded, there is a column with ID of the company. Now, i want to be able to click on some id and this could be passed to my new query with this id as a parameter in a header. My connection string looks like this:

let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://rejestr.io/api/v1/persons/"& Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="ID"]}[Content]{0}[Column1] &"/relations", [Headers=[Authorization="xxxxxxxxx"]]))
<..rest of the code, mainly formatting...>
in
"ColumnChanged"

Here im referencing the ID from a certain cell (user provided), but i want to be able to pass in this place a value from just selected cell on ID column and then a new query should be created and loaded onto a new worksheet.

I was thinking about this function to "get" a value cell from that column:

Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

But i cannot figure out how to launch a new power query with that...

Alex

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
There are a number of ways of doing this on various websites - its probably easiest to search for 'how to pass file path into powerquery' and take your pick (thats what I've just done to check where I found out how to do it).

I've done it and you can adapt the technique however you wish. Its quite flexible - but I don't know it well enough to explain.

Not a great answer, but hopefully provides a pointer. (and at least you now Know its possible).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocketslinger

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back