How to evaluate the answer of a multi-criterion formula by changing only one criterion?

asadullahbutt911

Example:
I have a very big sheet containing hundreds of rows having many calculations; each row containing calculation from preceding row for the calculation of the result at the 100th row. What I want to do is I want to calculate the value of 100th row (the answer) by changing only one parameter in, lets say, 70th row. I have to calculate the value of 100th row for 50 different values of the parameter at 70th row. Changing the value of 70th row, and copying the value of result at the 100th row for each value of the parameter would be tiresome. How can I do that using VBA code or a formula?

The calculations from 71st to 99th row are too long to be embedded in VBA code to be used as function. Is there any other way to do this? Please help!

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
make a tiny small scale example eg 5 rows and post on here - it will be much clearer then.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back