How to expand a pattern of numbers

Demona26

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all. I feel like there is an easy answer to this, but I'm struggling with it.
I wish to create a column of numbers that look like Image 1

I can get Excel to repeat the pattern, but I need it to *continue* the pattern so the next lines are like Image 2

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Image 1.JPG
    Image 1.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Image 2.JPG
    Image 2.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 8
Did you try @Fluff's suggestion from post #5? You do not even have to drag it down, the numbers automatically appear!

A slight variation of that is the following where 208 represents the total number of values you want (52 x 4 in your case) and 4 represents how may of each you want.
I have put another smaller example in column C to demonstrate the change in numbers.

22 01 18.xlsm
ABC
1Week
Pattern
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:A209A2=ROUNDUP(SEQUENCE(208)/4,0)
C2:C13C2=ROUNDUP(SEQUENCE(12)/3,0)
Dynamic array formulas.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Did you try @Fluff's suggestion from post #5? You do not even have to drag it down, the numbers automatically appear!
Just FYI, I believe OP Did try Fluff's solution from post #5, stated it worked, and marked post #5 as "solution" accordingly, until OP edited his post #6 and changed it. (might have something to do with forum guidelines, where it was suggested, to mark the 1st post with solution)

Upvote 0
until OP edited his post #6
OK, thanks. I hadn't seen the original post there or noticed that it had been edited. (y)

(might have something to do with forum guidelines, where it was suggested, to mark the 1st post with solution)
There is no guideline to mark the first post containing a solution. The OP should mark whichever solution they choose.

Anyway, if they have tried a dynamic array solution and chosen another to mark, that's fine. Perhaps they need a solution that works in more versions. I just thought they may not have tried it. :)

Upvote 0
There is no guideline to mark the first post containing a solution. The OP should mark whichever solution they choose.

Ahh, memory issue on my part, I thought I remember reading that somewhere, might have been an old version or somewhere else...:unsure:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back