How to fill up blank cells by copying from cell above

Lady_82

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Sir/ Madam

I need some assistance in VBA. I am new to VBA and programming and I'm trying to auto fill blank cell/s from cell above the empty cell. However, I am not able to get the instruction correct. can you please help me.
Basically I have a work book that consist of data but some cells are empty.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Welcome to the Board!

There are easy ways to do that with or without VBA.
Have a look here: Fill Blank Cells in Excel Column
Dear Joe4,

thank you for your prompt response. I will look into the file you shared. I am trying to automat a file by running a series of macro programs and for that purpose i want marco to fill the blanks to proceed with the next step in the macro. I hope that make sense sorry i am new to all this!

Upvote 0
thank you for your prompt response. I will look into the file you shared. I am trying to automat a file by running a series of macro programs and for that purpose i want marco to fill the blanks to proceed with the next step in the macro. I hope that make sense sorry i am new to all this!
Yes, the link I provided shows a few VBA solutions that you should be able to incorporate into your project.
If you have any issue adapting them, please post back here with more details, and perhaps a sample of your data so we can see what it looks like.

Upvote 0
Yes, the link I provided shows a few VBA solutions that you should be able to incorporate into your project.
If you have any issue adapting them, please post back here with more details, and perhaps a sample of your data so we can see what it looks like.
Dear Joe4,

can you also explain to me how can I use the "use relative reference" feature in VBA. Thank you so much!

Upvote 0
can you also explain to me how can I use the "use relative reference" feature in VBA. Thank you so much!
That appears to be an entirely different question, and as such, you should post it in a new thread, so it appears as a new unanswered question for all to see.
I would recommend adding more details, explaining exactly what exactly you are trying to do in VBA with it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back