How to find a 2nd match value in Excel

ChelseaScooby

Hi, MrExcel virgin here....

I have two formulas that find the data for a 1st hit, (either =VLOOKUP(A107,'Yr6 Wk1'!C5:D250,COLUMN(D:D)-COLUMN('Yr6 Wk1'!C5:D250)+1,0) OR =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A107,'Yr6 Wk1'!$C$5:$C$251,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A107,'Yr6 Wk1'!$C$5:$D$251,2,FALSE)). These both work fine, what I now need is to search if there is any additional matches, (Most of the time there will not be but I need to allow for the possibility) I can either combine all hits in the same column or add additional hits into new column it doesn't matter. probably a small tweak but can't see it atm... :mad:

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Thanks for reply, unfortunately as good as the video is it's no good for this situation, :(. Any other offers? is there any way I can use the original If(ISNA formula to use the 2nd 'hit?

Upvote 0
here is an example to find 2nd, 3rd match etc, any good?

Excel 2013/2016
ABCDE
2Philip2.59%Philip2.59%
3Philip2.43%Philip2.43%
4Jone5.00%Philip3.00%
5Rose3.25%
6Philip3.00%
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E2=INDEX($B$2:$B$6,SMALL(IF($A$2:$A$6=D2,ROW($A$2:$A$6)-(ROW($A$2)-ROW($A$1))),COUNTIF(D$2:D2,D2)))

Upvote 0
Hi Alan, it's not far off but not quite, I don't think it matters but what I am matching is over 2 pages, from what I can work out B= Page 1 Column D (the info I want to extract & use) based on search results from, A (Page 1 Column C), which is searching for matches with Column D (Page 2 column A) & I need possible multiple answers (Max 3), Column E on your sheet to go in Columns BI, BJ & BK on page 2, I'll then be repeating the process in each row hence need to place answers alongside & not below.

Thank you, i'm sure it's no far off.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back