How to find a text string in a PDF file and automatically print it. Please help

KingPain

I would love a VB code or something or some sort to help me with this problem, its a very important task for me. How can I find a certain text string in a PDF file (located in a certain drive) and either pull the text from the .pdf and put it in a cell, or automatically print 3 levels of text strings withing the first .PDF Here are some details as to what I actually want. There is this PDF file named "Parent12345.pdf" I want to enter that Number (Parent12345.pdf) into an excel sheet and the code will look for "child34.Pdf" within the Parent12345.pdf and print that "child34.Pdf." if found. and also it would be great to go into a further level of finding the next text string of "child34.pdf" and find "baby30.pdf" and print it automatically. So bottom line, I want to enter "Parent12345" in a cell, and it will print that file via left click or defined macro. then it will find "child34" WITHIN "Parent12345" and print it, AND find "baby30" within "child34" and print the Pdf files. I don't know if this is possible with Excel and VB, But I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction. even if I have to use a third party program.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back