How to Find Incompatible Cell Formatting XL 2003 / 2007 ??

monirg

Hello;

I'm trying to assess how easy or difficult the task is of converting from XL 2003 to XL 2007.
I selected a relatively simple 2003 file, and been able to sort out the macro security, macros codes, events, vba references & libraries, etc. So far so good!

The remaining difficulty is probably a trivial one. Each time I try to save the file in XL 2007, the Compatibility Checker window would display under summary (which's a good thing):
"Minor loss of fidelity
Some cells or styles in this w/b contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available.
Number of occurrences 20"

OK. But Where are those cells or styles ?? and On which w/s ?? and What is exactly the nature of incompatibility ?? Is it a fill issue ?? Is it a conditional formatting issue ?? How to find those cells ?? ......

I've tried Help, Excel Options, Compatibility Checker, Index, etc., with no luck!

Thank you kindly.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Hi;

Apparently in XL 2007, if the XL 2003 file is saved using MS Button::Save As::Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook, the incompatibility issue regarding Cells and Styles disappears!
The XL 2007 saved file has .xlsm extension!

But for future work on converting XL 2003 files, one would be still interested in identifying those cells and/or formats that are causing the incompatibility in the first place, so that one may modify them and save the files in XL 2007 environment as XL 2003 files with .xls extension.

Any suggestions ?? Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back