How to find Scope of Names via Name Manager in Excel:Mac 2011??

rk2603

Hello Everyone,

In Windows version of excel, the scope of names given to the cells or range of cells were clearly mentioned in the name manager. However, in Excel:Mac 2011 the layout and contents of names manager quite different. There is no option to find the scope of names of cell/range os cells created in entire workbook.

kindly, educate me on how to view the scope of all the names given to cells/range of cells in Excel:Mac 2011

Thanks.

Awaiting your valuable responses.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
If it's sheet level, you'll see the sheet name to the right of the range name. If you can't see one, it's a workbook scoped name.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot Rory for your swift response, all my Names were having Workbook scope so i was not able to see the difference.

Further, as per your direction i created a sheet level name and i could see the scope of the sheet level Name i.e. the sheet name in the dialogue box...however the sheet level scope can only be seen if If i am at that particular sheet. For Instance, suppose if i created a Workbook named "Accounts" and in that i have two sheets named "balancesheet" (having Sheetlevel name : Current Assets ) and "profitandloss" . Now I Cant see the scope of "Current asset" Name when I am in profitandloss sheet.

Is there a way in which you can see the scope of all the Names created in the workbook at one place (i.e. sheet level and workbook level)??

Upvote 0
Nothing built-in I'm afraid. You'd have to use code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back