How to find the first date on a value

Glaglagla

Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry in advance if I'm not clear enough. I tried to post my problem on a french forum but nobody answers, so I'm trying out there but my english isn't perfect at all. Thanks for you patience.

Working on Power Pivot. XL 2013.
So, I'm working on a file wich contains Program ID, broadcast dates, platforms delivery, channel, and definition. Program ID are all duplicated because a program is broadcasted on several platforms (PC, TV, etc.), on several channels (VOD, etc.), and several definition (SD, HD).
I used a DISTINCTCOUNT to count the programs that we worked on, and it works perfectly if I do not include months in my table; in fact, if a programm is broadcasted first in january in SD, and then broadcasted in february in HD, it will be taken into the accounts of both month, BUT I only want to see the first broadcast date (I want to count, monthly, the number Of new program that are broadcasted).

So I would like to "tag" the first broadcast date by using a power pivot formula, creating a calculated column "first broadcast" with yes/no and then, change my DISTINCTCOUNT by CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(IDProgram);FirstBroadcast="yes").

And I cannot find the formula to tag the first broadcast date.

Am I clear enough?

Thank you for your help!
Gladys

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back