How to generate a particular formula, rather than type it/copy down each month, please?

PurrSent

Board Regular
Windows 10; MS Office 2010

I have a workbook with the 12 months, ie Jan, Feb, Mar etc on their own worksheet. I'm in the process of making a template of this workbook for future years

I want to enter the formula " =IF(Feb!C103=0,"",Feb!C103) " into the cells that have been over-written but I can't remember how I generated it. Would I have merely typed it out, then copied/pulled it down or is there an easier way to do this, please? I did try typing it into the relevant cell but it just appeared as typed text and not an 'invisible' formula which it is on the 2019 sheet

Some of the cells in some of the month sheets still hold the formula so I can just copy it up/down on that particular sheet/s. However, in some of the worksheets, the formula has been over-written without any remaining to copy up/down.

I can't remember how I inserted this formula so I'm hoping someone can help me out?

Many thanks for any help

PurrSent %

@Jim885 and @Fluff

Many thanks for your suggestions. I checked for a space before the formula but there wasn't a space. I then checked what the cells were set at and found, as Fluff suggested, they were set to Text for some reason.

So, that's solved my problem as to why, when typed in a formula, it displayed the formula and didn't 'work' as intended.

Many thanks to you both for helping to solve my query :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back