How to generate report on rows from multiple worksheets where column has particular text

simo2509

HELP!! I've been struggling for a few days with this issue now and although i've come across a few different examples which i think sound similar to what i need my to worksheet to do, given that i'm pretty much a complete novice at VBA, i cant work out how to adapt the examples i've found to suit my issue. My issue is this:

I basically have 3 separate worksheets (Team 1, Team 2 & Team 3) which have the same column headers which are: 'Grade', 'Trade', 'Employee No', 'Surname', ' Forename/s', 'Shift', 'Number of courses present', 'All essentials present', 'Percentage against grade', 'Essentials not present', 'Additionals', and 'Essentials required for grade' which are in row 1 of columns A to L respectively. There is then also a separate 'report tab' within the same workbook.

What i want is to have two buttons on the 'report' tab which i can assign a macro to each, which will effectively produce a report by filtering column 'H' in each of the three team sheets to just the entries which have the text "No" in them, and copy them over to the 'report' sheet. Likewise i would like a separate button which does the same for the entries with "yes" in column 'H'. However, due to the document being updated regularly, i would like the buttons to perform the action of updating the data, so if for example one of the entries goes from a "No" to a "Yes" in column 'H' then, upon clicking the button again, the information will update and that entry will be located under the correct report.

I hope i've explained as best as possible, any help with coding if necessary or any other solution for that matter would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,

Liam

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi Liam,

To me it would be simpler to have all teams in the one sheet. Just insert a column for the Team Number.

Then you can just filter on Team Number and column H with Yes or No etc.

Regards..........Max

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back