How to get data from an excel file (selected columns) to join a master existing data worksheet last column. Match by email addresses

vbanewbie68

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi

I get two files weekly, usually every Monday morning. I open a file called Pages excel file (csv), and then open a file called a Supporter file (csv) as well.

In the Pages file (at the end of the last column"AE") I need to get information from the Supporter's file such as Address, Town, Postcode etc.

Both files have the same headers for email addresses. I need to rely on a macro to search for matches for email addresses and if matches are found then add Address, Town, Postcode to join the Pages file, at the last column of the Pages.

Please find attached XL2BB dummy data of the Pages file and Supporters File to help you get a better picture.

I would appreciate it if you have any suggestions for improvement?

Please let me know if the above does not make any sense?

I look forward to hearing from you

Best Regards

V

Pages file (XL2BB)

fundraise-pages (1)Test.csv
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACAD
1Company NamePersonEmailTitleCreated DateUrlFundraiser Page IDEvent Page IDEvent Page TitleEvent Page URLCurrencyRaised (inc. Gift Aid)TargetStatusDonors custom code 1Donors custom code 2Donors custom code 3Donors custom code 4Cons IDAppeal_Package IDFund IDTribute IDEvents custom code 1Events custom code 2Events custom code 3Events custom code 4Team page custom code 1Team page custom code 2Team page custom code 3Team page custom code 4
2LondonVictoria Johnvictoria.tom@com.ukVictoria Fundraising Page14/06/2022 10:46https://londonthon.feeworld.com/pf/victoria-chater-lea-2c6b8257457£293.752500Live
3LondonJane Feernjane2301@fee.comJane20/05/2022 10:29https://london.feeworld.com/pf/jane-harris242457£02500Live51475923CE01_A002G00A01
fundraise-pages (1)Test

Supporter file (XL2BB)
Supporters (1) Test.csv
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY
1Supporter IDTitleFirst NameLast NameEmailAddressTownPostcodeCountryPhoneJoin DateCurrencyLifetime DonationsLifetime Gift AidLast Donation DateDonors custom code 1Donors custom code 2Donors custom code 3Donors custom code 4Marketing Opt-in AnswerMarketing Opt-in DateEmail Opt-inPhone Opt-inSMS Opt-inPost Opt-in
22614578MsCharManchar.man@mail.co.uk6,lentia Place, Greater LondonLondonSW78 8EUUnited Kingdom########£102.5########No########NoNoNoNo
32601458MrsHarryKingsharryk@FG.com78, Well Walk, West YorkshireManchesterM17 6EGUnited Kingdom########£5012.5########No########NoNoNoNo
42601451MrsVictoria Johnvictoria.tom@com.uk6, Buckingham, Holland LaneBristolRG1 78ftUnited Kingdom########£153.75########No########NoNoNoNo
52600745MissJane Feernjane2301@fee.com9, FhipFtead CloseCheshireGA45 4ffUnited Kingdom########£50########No########NoNoNoNo
Supporters (1) Test

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back