How to get SUM of Unique Products

NauticaX

I have found a tool on the Internet that I believe does what I need. Its called DigDb. http://www.digdb.com/excel_add_ins/roll_up_pivot_table_subtotal/#A1 I am looking at the part where it can do Sum of Sales by Store. Basically I have a similar concept I am trying to do but I need the sum of Sales to each of the Company. I have ie. in column A the company name.. in column B will be the sales. the company name will repeat a few times depending on how many sales.. I want to get the SUM of each company. Is there anyway I can do this without having to purchase the above tool?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
NauticaX said:
I have found a tool on the Internet that I believe does what I need. Its called DigDb. http://www.digdb.com/excel_add_ins/roll_up_pivot_table_subtotal/#A1 I am looking at the part where it can do Sum of Sales by Store. Basically I have a similar concept I am trying to do but I need the sum of Sales to each of the Company. I have ie. in column A the company name.. in column B will be the sales. the company name will repeat a few times depending on how many sales.. I want to get the SUM of each company. Is there anyway I can do this without having to purchase the above tool?

Thanks.

Using either a Pivot Table or the SUMIF function should do.

Upvote 0
Use Data, Filter, Advanced Filter, Unique Records to derive a list of the stores and copy this below your source list. Then use a sumif based on the store name to sum the sales value per store.

HTH

:cool:

Upvote 0
Using SUMIF

Thanks. I did the Unique records and copied the Unique records to another sheet. Now that I have that I will have another column B to use SUMIF function but I cant figure out how to use this function from another sheet and what parameters to put in.

Upvote 0
Try:

=sumif('other sheet'!$A$1:$A$100,B2,'other sheet'!$C$1:$C$100)

Where: "other sheet" is the name of the original sheet, A1:A100 is the range of company names, B2 is the first value in your unique list, and C1:C100 is the range of values you'd like to sum.

Then, copy that formula down.

You may also consider Brian's pivot table suggestion for future reference.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back