How to get TEXT attributes to propagate to linked values

rullery

I am working with links and would like to know if it is possible to get TEXT attributes like COLOR, BOLDness, STRIKE THRU, etc to transfer to linked values in other areas of a worksheet, tabs or files?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Any and all assistance will be appreciated.
<o:p></o:p>
Thanks,
rullery

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
The only way I know of to transmit format from one cell to another is by doing a Copy and a Paste. Maybe VBA could help, butI don't do VBA. Good luck!

Upvote 0
VBA stands for Microsoft's Visual BASIC for Applications. It is the computer language used to code in all, or most, of Microsoft's applications, such as Excel, Word, Access, and others. When formulas in Excel cannot be used, or when they get excessively complicated, VBA usually offers the way out. But, I don't understand it too much, and decided, long ago, to stay away from it. Sorry.

Upvote 0
That's OK. Thanks for the explaination.
Do you think I should re-post this question in the context of a VBA question?

Upvote 0
No, don't open a new thread. I think that somebody will now step in to help you. If you don't get an answer in one or two days, just post again, with the word, "Bump". That is the way to get your thread to the beginning of all posts, which draws new attention to your original post. Opening up a new thread (another "original" post) is frowned on in most forums, as it usually leads to confusion and annoyance to those who try to help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back