How to go to a specific cell in a large worksheet???

Austintx1

Hi, I have a large worksheet and I want a quick way to get to the top or bottom of the spreadsheet without scrolling up and down all day. I know I can press "Control, Home" to get to the top of the spreadsheet, but how do I get to the bottom quickly and easy? what do I do to get to Cell E697 with the press of one key??

thank you for your help!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
You can't get to a specific cell with a keyboard entry. You would need a macro and we would need to know the location of the specific cell.

Upvote 0
thank you. Not sure what a macro is, but the specific cell I am wanting to go to is E697. do you have any ideas for me?

Upvote 0
to the left of the formula bar at the left most edge is a box containing the "address" of the current cell selection. You can edit that address to change the current cell selection. Type your "address" E697 in that box and press enter -- the excel screen will update and move there.

also you press the F5 key -- that will open the go to function.
Type your "address" E697 in that box and press enter -- the excel screen will update and move there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@jlop has provided you with a useful solution. :)

Upvote 0
to the left of the formula bar at the left most edge is a box containing the "address" of the current cell selection. You can edit that address to change the current cell selection. Type your "address" E697 in that box and press enter -- the excel screen will update and move there.

also you press the F5 key -- that will open the go to function.
Type your "address" E697 in that box and press enter -- the excel screen will update and move there.
thank you for your help. when I press the F5 key nothing happens. this appears to be a key to only light up my keyboard or not. am I doing something wrong?

can I set up a formula to where if I press F5 it will automatically go to the specific cell I want? just don't want to keep scrolling up and down all day.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tish101

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back