How to graph time data

Jeffrey021286

Office Version
  1. 365
I am doing a time study to see how impacted our express oil change department is when they upsell additional services to customers and are having to do something other than work on oil changes. what i would like to do is use time stamp data to produce a line graph showing the number of people in our 8 man crew alible to do oil changes wile others are doing up sales that they have sold on top of the oil change they where doing. column F in the picture would be the time someone would be starting up sale work and column G would be the time that they finish and would again be available to do oil changes again. as you can see from the example in the picture on line 4 at 12:37 i would loose 1 person then another at 12:45 on line 2 and a 3rd at 12:50 on line 5 then they would free up again for oil changes at 1:10, 1:15, and 1:22. is it possible to make a linier time line graph pulling from this data to be able to visualize the reduced manpower though out the day?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    70.7 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
multiply all the time values by 24 the answer you will get will be in whole number and keep the format general . You can then plot graph

Upvote 0
I do not have any experience with making graphs so can you walk me through the set up I think I understand what you are saying but I am still not sure how to set it up to subtract 1 every time on a data entry on colum f if colum g is filled and then add 1 at the time colum g is filled

Upvote 0
can you share data sample that can be copied easily instead of picture that you shared in post # 1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back