how to guide for integrating access with excel?

I currently have a spreadsheet that is a gradebook, report card and attendance tracker for my wife (teacher). I would like to make some changes to the spreadsheet, to make it more acceptable to change (mainly adding a student, removing a student, etc). Would access integration be the best for this? Is there a website that shows something along these lines (something that I could greatly expand on?).

thanks!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
A spreadsheet will work fine. I think if you give us more details of what you would like to accomplish, maybe we can help. I have done something like this for employees and evaluations. Each employee has there own tab. I have a master tab that shows certain data from each employees sheet.

Let us know,
Michael

Upvote 0
the problem that i am having with my spreadsheet is that its tough to make "simple" changes. i have a limit of 30 students. when i created the spreadsheet this was fine, but then there was a class with 30 students, 1 dropped, another added. this was not a simple task to remove the one student and add another. that is one thing that i am looking to do.

if you want to download a sheet, here is a Link.

Upvote 0
Very nicely done on your spreadsheet!!! I see what your saying. Yes, Access would be a must for you!!!!
I have a book that I learned a lot about Access. The Authors name is John Viescas. The book has a white cover. I know they have it at Barnes and Noble. This one helped me.
Also, the "Books for Dummies" puts things in plain english. I think it's called "Access for Dummies".

If you know Access, Many of the data can be transfered to tables quite easily. I did it with an existing excel order form I had.

Hope this helps,
Michael

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back