How to handle multiple forms

Bubuto

Hi everybody, I have a little problem. I'm making an excel sheet, which includes questions and option buttons. I'm going to send it to a group of people, and their task is to fill in the sheet and answer the questions and then mail it back to me. The problem is that I don't know how the handle these answer easily. Of course I could check all the answers by myself and fill one data collection sheet manually, but is there anyway I could make excel do it for me? My idea was to merge the files into one file as different sheets, and then calculate all the data into one sheet. Is this possible or is there another way to achieve this?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hi Bubuto,
I think it's possible via Macro. :)
Please let us have more details of your Worksheet.

Upvote 0
Hi, the worksheets are pretty simple. They have a few questions, and all the questions have five possible answers, which are controlled by option buttons. There are also couple of textfields next to some of the questions. In the beginning of the form there are some basic questions, like from which country the person is from, and some other basic questions. First of all, I'd like to for example calculate the average answer for the first question in all the worksheets mailed to me. Then I'd also like to sort these by the country (and by some other options chosen in the first part of the sheet). The most important part for me is to calculate the averages in each of the questions. If there is a macro to do it for me, I'd be very grateful!

Thank you for helping!
Petteri Toukoniitty

Upvote 0
Okay Bubuto, I understood what you would like to do.
First, save all xl files into an one folder.
Second, make each one of data into one worksheet.(Via macro)
I guess, It makes your calculation easier.

To write VBA code(Macro), we need to know the layout of your worksheet.
Eg.
Row 1 = Title
ColumnA = questions
ColumnB = answer1
ColumnC = answer2
Book2
ABCD
1QuestionAnswer1Answer2
2whichcountrythepersonisfrom?USASomething
5Whatisit?Excel
6Whoisthat?Me?
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Well, the questions are all in one column, and option buttons are below them. The buttons are linked to a cell in a hidden column "N", and I should access those cells in that column in all the different workbooks sent to me. I also have drawn some text boxes after some questions. It would be great if I were able to collect the texts typed in those by some macro. The country question has it's answer in cell "G16". Is this enough information, or do you need more specific details?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back