How to have one Pivot data update based on cell in another pivot table?

Capt Fantastikk

Greetings all...

I'm in a pickle jar...

Let's say I am looking at 4 different store locations. In those locations I have several lines of products that we sell. I have 5 pivot charts setup all associated to the same data sheet. I am using a slicer to auto filter all the pivots depending on which store I have selected. The pivots are sorted high-to-low. This tells me which product lines are selling the most units. Let's say that I am capturing the salesperson that sold those units and I want to know, out of the product lines, who is selling the most units. With me so far?

So we have:

SLICER | Main Product Line Pivot | Sub Pivot #1 | Sub Pivot #2 | Sub Pivot #3 | Sub Pivot #4

The number of Sub Pivots is irrelevant. What I want these Sub Pivots to do is look at the Main Product Line Pivot results and auto filter the Sub Pivot results to the #1 , #2 , #3 , and #4 top results from the Main Product Line Pivot.

Essentially, when I filter via the Slicer I want all the pivots to update (which they do) and I want the latter 4 pivots to update based on the top 4 results from the main pivot.

I've got everything working aside from getting the latter 4 to update based on what is showing in, lets say, cell C3, C4, C5, and C6 of the main pivot. It just needs to read the name and filter accordingly. That way I don't have to go into each of the Sub Pivots and manually select the product field.

Any ideas?

I was thinking a macro might work or something more physical and simple in the options, but I'm at a loss right now.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back