How to hide sheet and can be unhide with password

mrchonginhk

I have several tabs in Excel I need to hide.
I know we can using Veryhidden but that can still be unhide without password.
I know we can select VBAProject password but that works only if there is VBA code and
my file cannot have VBA code for compliance.
So any way to achieve my need ?
Thanks

I have tried creating new Excel and link cells in that original Excel that do not need to unhide, but this also means they need to have access to that original file too....
Any way out ?

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
I have several tabs in Excel I need to hide.
I know we can using Veryhidden but that can still be unhide without password.
I know we can select VBAProject password but that works only if there is VBA code and
my file cannot have VBA code for compliance.
So any way to achieve my need ?
Thanks

I have tried creating new Excel and link cells in that original Excel that do not need to unhide, but this also means they need to have access to that original file too....
Any way out ?

Hmm have you tried to hide the sheet and then protect the workbook with a password?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Protecting whole workbook may mean they have to key in password at early stage when open ?
I need to ensure no password is needed in normal operation, until someone try to unhide.
So Protect workbook would meet this need ? At which point I do it ? After hiding or before ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Protecting whole workbook may mean they have to key in password at early stage when open ?
I need to ensure no password is needed in normal operation, until someone try to unhide.
So Protect workbook would meet this need ? At which point I do it ? After hiding or before ?

Thanks

you want to hide the sheet and then protect the workbook, I'm not exactly sure what all the restrictions are on a protected workbook, I know it won't let you hide or unhide sheets, but you may want to google all the restrictions to see if it works for you. I was able to still edit cells, I think it just protects the structure of the workbook, but I'm not really sure off the top of my head

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back