How To Import Share Prices?

Bazza06

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I have been given a spreadsheet that is used to automatically update share prices from a publicly available website on a regular basis.
I am using a MAC but the spreadsheet was designed to be used on a PC.

However, on my MAC I use MS Excel for MAC and whilst I am able to open and view the spreadsheet, the price update function does not work.

The column that contains the fields for the updated prices has this formula: =@VBAProject.Module4.CryptoQuote([@Code])

I am a very basic user of Excel and I have no idea what this means, and I do not understand why a spreadsheet that was designed for Windows OS cannot equally function within the same software but running on a MAC.

Is it possible for this to work on my MAC and, if so, how do I go about doing so?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Its a user defined function, you will have function called 'CryptoQuote' in module4. These types of queries are going to be operating system specific so it isnt going to work on a mac without a rewrite of the code.

Upvote 0
Its a user defined function, you will have function called 'CryptoQuote' in module4. These types of queries are going to be operating system specific so it isnt going to work on a mac without a rewrite of the code.
Thanks for your reply.

Could I take the spreadsheet I have and change the specific column / cells where I want the prices to be updated and have the code rewritten to be compatible for the MAC or isn’t it as simple as that? Does the whole spreadsheet need to be rewritten?

Sorry, I’m not fluent in Excel, and my simple mind doesn’t understand why one Excel spreadsheet cannot work both on a PC and Mac.

Upvote 0
Just the code needs to be rewritten. Look for mac alternatives to xmlhttp which im presuming you are using in the code. I dont have a mac to help further sorry.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back