How to Incorporate a Cell Value Into a What if Condition Statement

Pedro007

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am new to this forum. I have a question that I am sure has a simple solution, but unfortunately, it alludes me at this time. I have a what if statement which generates one of two statements based on a cell value. I am a teacher. I am trying to prepare report cards. Because of the virus pandemic, most of our students have not completed their courses. I have a column that provides the percentage complete for each student and for each class that the student has taken, If the student is 90% or more complete in a class, his report card will say Complete. If the student is less than 90% complete then his report will say,"Student is not on track, 78% complete." The 78% is an example and the percentage is taken from the column. The first value in the column is in cell F2. This is the formula that I have used:=IF(F2>90,"Student is complete.", "Student is not on track, F2 % complete.")

The first part of the formula works great and so if a student is 90% or more complete, it generates the following: Student is complete.
The second part does not work right. Instead of putting the value from F2 to in the statement like this: Student is not on track, 78% complete. This is what I get: Student is not on track, F2% complete.
How do I write the formula to provide a statement that inserts the value in F2 in front of the % symbol for those students that don't meet the first half of the formula?

Thanks for your help.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
=IF(F2>90,"Student is complete.", "Student is not on track, " &F2&" % complete.")

Upvote 0
I appreciate your help. You answered my question so fast, you almost answered it before I finished pushing the "post" button. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back