How to increase the width of an Excel Drop down list and have it display a different value while on SharePoint.

MBunchJ8

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am new to the forum but I am having a challenge with finding a solution for my situation. I have an Excel (Office 365) file that is hosted in SharePoint. It is currently formatted with Drop down lists based off of a named range. The drop down list is applied to cells E9:AI889 on the "Attendance" worksheet. The data for the drop down list resides in the named range "Attendance_Codes" which is located on the "Data_Labels" worksheet cells B3:B44. The Attendance codes are only 6 digits long so everything is working and the whole process has no errors.

However, my supervisor wants it easier for the other Departments and would like the drop down list to the the Attendance Descriptions listed so people better understand what to chose. The attendance descriptions are in a named range "Attendance_Descriptions" that relates to cells C3:C44 on the "Data_Labels" worksheet. I do need the Attendance Code to be displayed in the cell after a selection is made due to the formatting of formulas to provide the attendance summary. The Attendance Description are also lengthy and some are upwards of 70 characters, which makes it impossible to see the whole definition. I have tried using Macros or VBA Code to change the width of the drop down for display, however Macros or VBA Code do not work in SharePoint.

So what options do I have left to use?

Attachments

• Combined_Attendance_001.JPG
    Combined_Attendance_001.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Combined_Attendance_002.JPG
    Combined_Attendance_002.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Combined_Attendance_003.JPG
    Combined_Attendance_003.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back