How to insert line break in message in VBA

pei

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, this is my first time using VBA.

I am using Excel VBA to send messages via Whatsapp.
In my message in excel, there are paragraphs, however, when i try to send the message via whatapp there is no linebreak and I have to Alt+Enter manually.
Is there a code I can add into my VBA to create line breaks?
Please advise. Thank you.

VBA CODE:
Sub Customer()
On Error GoTo errorhandler:
mobilenumber = Selection.Value
Set myrange = Sheet1.Range("B:B")
rowno = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(mobilenumber, myrange, 0)
Description = Sheet1.Cells(rowno, 3).Value
Rs = Sheet1.Cells(rowno, 4).Value
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="Open WhatsApp" & mobilenumber & "?text=" & Description & Rs & ""
End
errorhandler:
Err.Clear
MsgBox "Select Proper Mobile Number "
End Sub

Description:
Hello Gina, How is everything?

We did a video like this and targeted the right type of buyers on Facebook and the outcome was way better than just in guru. Not sure if this can help you but *ALL COSTS* are on us for this!

Maybe we can see if it can apply to your place as well if it's still for sale?

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
You Can Add Line Break at VBA with VBNewline. example:
VBA Code:
"Hello Gina, How is everything?" & vbnewline & "We did a video like this and targeted the right type of buyers on Facebook" & vbnewline & " and the outcome was way better than just in guru." & vbnewline & " Not sure if this can help you but *ALL COSTS* are on us for this!" & vbnewline & "Maybe we can see if it can apply to your place as well if it's still for sale?" & vbnewline & Vbnewline & "Gina (PA to Joel Li R044384D)"

Upvote 0
VBA Code:
"Hello Gina, How is everything?" & vbnewline & "We did a video like this and targeted the right type of buyers on Facebook" & vbnewline & " and the outcome was way better than just in guru." & vbnewline & " Not sure if this can help you but *ALL COSTS* are on us for this!" & vbnewline & "Maybe we can see if it can apply to your place as well if it's still for sale?" & vbnewline & Vbnewline & "Gina (PA to Joel Li R044384D)"
In which area should i insert this VBA code in?

Also, the name of the person changes in every message.

Upvote 0
VBA Code:

Let me show you my excel.

Excel to Whatapp.xltm
ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
1TYPEPROJECTADDRESSNAMENUMBERMESSAGECONTACTED ONHDB
CONDO
2CONDOGinaHello Gina, How is everything? Are you also facing issues for the listing of your property? No viewings or low offers? Before we found the perfect formula, we used to face these problems as well. Now, we did a video like this https://youtu.be/xc_9gdYqutg and targeted the right type of buyers on Facebook and the outcome was way better than just in guru. Not sure if this can help you but *ALL COSTS* are on us for this! Perhaps we can see if it can be applied to your place if it's still for sale? Gina (PA to Joel Li R044384D) www.home-link.sg24/2/2021
3CONDOJoelHello Joel, How is everything? Are you also facing issues for the listing of your property? No viewings or low offers? Before we found the perfect formula, we used to face these problems as well. Now, we did a video like this https://youtu.be/xc_9gdYqutg and targeted the right type of buyers on Facebook and the outcome was way better than just in guru. Not sure if this can help you but *ALL COSTS* are on us for this! Perhaps we can see if it can be applied to your place if it's still for sale? Gina (PA to Joel Li R044384D) www.home-link.sg
Sheet2

Upvote 0
First Add Specific Character (e.g. # ) each place you want to add LineBreak to your text within Cell then Replace it within VBA.
Example:
VBA Code:
Sub Customer()
Set myrange = Sheet1.Range("B:B")
rowno = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(mobilenumber, myrange, 0)
Description = Sheet1.Cells(rowno, 3).Value
Description.Replace What:="#", Replacement:=Chr(10), LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder _
:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, ReplaceFormat:=False
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="Open WhatsApp" & mobilenumber & "?text=" & Description & Rs & ""
End
errorhandler:
Err.Clear
End Sub

Upvote 0
Sub Customer() On Error GoTo errorhandler: mobilenumber = Selection.Value Set myrange = Sheet1.Range("B:B") rowno = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(mobilenumber, myrange, 0) Description = Sheet1.Cells(rowno, 3).Value Description.Replace What:="#", Replacement:=Chr(10), LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder _ :=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, ReplaceFormat:=False Rs = Sheet1.Cells(rowno, 4).Value ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="Open WhatsApp" & mobilenumber & "?text=" & Description & Rs & "" End errorhandler: Err.Clear MsgBox "Select Proper Mobile Number " End Sub
I am not sure what is the reason but it shows me error messages from the MsgBox.

Upvote 0
Try one of this 2 method. (with your uploaded file should be description & Rs column number changed to 6 & 7.
Method 1. First add # symbole each place you want line break.
VBA Code:
Sub Customer()
Dim mobilenumber As String, myRange As Range, rowno As Long, Description As String, Rs As String
Set myRange = Sheet1.Range("B:B")
rowno = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(mobilenumber, myRange, 0)
Description = Replace(Sheet1.Cells(rowno, 3), "#", vbNewLine)
End
errorhandler:
Err.Clear
End Sub
2. Second Method. Because your description is same for all customers except their names you can use this method also. (don't need Column F)
you can change Newline Place with change vbnewline place in code.
VBA Code:
Sub Customer2()
Dim mobilenumber As String, myRange As Range, rowno As Long, Description As String, Rs As String, CustName As String
'rowno = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(mobilenumber, myRange, 0)
CustName = Sheet1.Cells(rowno, 2)
Description = "Hello" & CustName & ", How is everything?" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Are you also facing issues for the" & vbNewLine & _
"listing of your property?" & vbNewLine & "No viewings or low offers?" & vbNewLine & "Before we found the perfect" _
& vbNewLine & "formula, we used to face these" & vbNewLine & "problems as well." & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"Now, we did a video like this" & vbNewLine & "https://youtu.be/xc_9gdYqutg" & vbNewLine & "and targeted the right type of buyers on" _
& vbNewLine & "Facebook and the outcome was" & vbNewLine & "way better than just in guru." & vbNewLine & "Not sure if this can" _
& "help you but" & vbNewLine & "*ALL COSTS* are on us for this!" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Perhaps we can see if it can be" & vbNewLine & _
"applied to your place if it's still" & vbNewLine & "for sale?" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Gina (PA to Joel Li R044384D)" & vbNewLine & _
"www.home -link.sg"
End
errorhandler:
Err.Clear
End Sub

Upvote 0
Try one of this 2 method. (with your uploaded file should be description & Rs column number changed to 6 & 7.
Method 1. First add # symbole each place you want line break.
VBA Code:
Sub Customer()
Dim mobilenumber As String, myRange As Range, rowno As Long, Description As String, Rs As String
Description = Replace(Sheet1.Cells(rowno, 3), "#", vbNewLine)
End
errorhandler:
Err.Clear
End Sub
2. Second Method. Because your description is same for all customers except their names you can use this method also. (don't need Column F)
you can change Newline Place with change vbnewline place in code.
VBA Code:
Sub Customer2()
Dim mobilenumber As String, myRange As Range, rowno As Long, Description As String, Rs As String, CustName As String
'rowno = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(mobilenumber, myRange, 0)
CustName = Sheet1.Cells(rowno, 2)
Description = "Hello" & CustName & ", How is everything?" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Are you also facing issues for the" & vbNewLine & _
"listing of your property?" & vbNewLine & "No viewings or low offers?" & vbNewLine & "Before we found the perfect" _
& vbNewLine & "formula, we used to face these" & vbNewLine & "problems as well." & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"Now, we did a video like this" & vbNewLine & "https://youtu.be/xc_9gdYqutg" & vbNewLine & "and targeted the right type of buyers on" _
& vbNewLine & "Facebook and the outcome was" & vbNewLine & "way better than just in guru." & vbNewLine & "Not sure if this can" _
& "help you but" & vbNewLine & "*ALL COSTS* are on us for this!" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Perhaps we can see if it can be" & vbNewLine & _
"applied to your place if it's still" & vbNewLine & "for sale?" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Gina (PA to Joel Li R044384D)" & vbNewLine & _
"www.home -link.sg"
End
errorhandler:
Err.Clear
End Sub

I feel so stressed and disheartened. What am I doing wrong?
Option 1 show same error from MsgBox.
Option 2 said can't run macro.
Omg....

Upvote 0
1. I don't see your example mobile number at uploaded file. Please upload complete example file.
2. at your macro, Column number for Describtion & Rs is 3 & 4, but at your uploaded file their see at column 6 & 7.
After you uploaded your complete example file, I work on it.

Upvote 0
1. I don't see your example mobile number at uploaded file. Please upload complete example file.
2. at your macro, Column number for Describtion & Rs is 3 & 4, but at your uploaded file their see at column 6 & 7.
After you uploaded your complete example file, I work on it.
1614326970740.png

VBA CODE:

Sub Customer()
Set myRange = Sheet1.Range("E:E")
Description = Sheet1.Cells(rowno, 6).Value
Rs = Sheet1.Cells(rowno, 7).Value
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="Share on WhatsApp" & mobilenumber & "?text=" & Description & ""
End
errorhandler:
Err.Clear
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back