How to insert special character TAB in a barcode using font "free 3 of 9" ?

HUHA

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello.
I am using font 3 of 9 to generate barcodes, print them and scan them with a handheld USB scanner model LS2208 .

The text that i wish to print is something like this

1234567890TAB12345678901234TABTAB

How can i make it when i scann the barcode, that instead of reading the letters T A B to make it like i press key TAB from the keyboard ?
And i have to enable on the scanner something ?
Thank you.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
It has been long time not using scanner ?

You can refer to product guide reference for the code for each control character

In the manual it is stated that the TAB on extended keypad is 7009. So, here is the thing you need to do the insert TAB scanner code

Hope this help. I cannot test. Not having barcode scanner ;)

Upvote 0
is the tab to skip to next text box on a userform

Upvote 0
Hello.
I need that the excel to generate a barcode with numbers and letters , which includes TAB to jump to the next row in a software.
I have a software with 3 rows and when i am scanning the barcode, i need to fill the first row with letters (around 9-10 characters),
after it will automatically go to the 2nd row which i want to be empty and jump to the next row with TAB,
and the cursor will reach 3-rd row. Here i need to enter a car number (around 7-8 number and letters ) and after the data ends, i need to go back to 2-nd row , these means one TAB to go to first row and again another TAB to go to 2-nd row , and here the user will input something manually .
the barcode that i scanned will not be scanned in excel.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
if you are generating barcodes i strongly recommend you use something like Code-128 which incorporates a checksum. many barcodes do not have a checksum and errors are not detected on bad printouts or dirty codes. you can scan your code with out the tabs and use vba to skip the textboxes

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: How to insert special character TAB in a barcode using font "free 3 of 9" ?
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: How to insert special character TAB in a barcode using font "free 3 of 9" ?
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Thank you for the heads up. I did not read the forum rules . The link in your post is my post in other forum.

@diddi , i am not scanning the barcode in to an excel . I am scanning the barcode in to a Zebra MC90XXXX handheld scanner which is running a telnet session , so that is i need TAB to the next row and i can not use VBA to skip the textboxes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back