how to isolate email address from long line of info?

robgoldstein

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have exported some information and now I need to extract just the email that in the middle of that long line of informatoin and the length of that information changes. Is there a way I can do this?
Here is an example of my information

Phone: 403.875.0125Email: info@corrinawalker.com Address: Calgary, AlbertaWebsite: http://corrinawalker.comCorrina Walker Photography is driven to stay current and informed of the constant developments and trends in the industry. Our photographic style is inspired from influences in fashion, photojournalism, fine art, and travel. We have been shooting professionally in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and internationally for over ten years. Please check out our website Calgary Wedding Photographer | Calgary Photography | Corrina Walker Photography for more information.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Code:
=MID(O7,FIND("Email:",O7)+6,FIND(" ",O7,FIND("Email:",O7))-FIND("Email:",O7)-6)

Be careful...

The " " is not a space. It's an html character. You'll have to copy the html character from a string the first time.

Upvote 0
thanks so much. Will this work with different length email addresses?

Upvote 0
Yup. It assumes there is the "Email:" in front and that weird HTML character after it. It finds the start, the end, and then pulls what's inbetween.

Upvote 0
I am trying to isolate the part of a field after the first dash.

abc123-prod
abc123-prod-m
abc1234-prod-d-wm

I tried using your email solution and I can get it to work if I use a different character for subsequent dashes after the first one.

Upvote 0
I am trying to isolate the part of a field after the first dash.

abc123-prod
abc123-prod-m
abc1234-prod-d-wm

I tried using your email solution and I can get it to work if I use a different character for subsequent dashes after the first one.

Are you planning to return EVERYTHING after the first dash no matter what? What is your full cell value and then your expected return?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back