How to keep a pivot table field from collapsing?

FingerprintUser

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a workbook with multiple pivot tables. I've taken the interesting information from those pivot tables and used GETPIVOTDATA to summarize the information on one sheet. I added in a slicer that is connected to these tables, so users can filter the data on the main page by which section the data is coming from. All of this works great. However, since GETPIVOTDATA only works with data that is visible on the pivot table, I am running into the problem of some fields being collapsed when there is no data for the filtered section. This means when the user removes any filters from the data, my main page is missing information from the fields that were collapsed in the pivot table. My users will not have any idea how to expand a field, and I don't actually want them messing with the pivot tables.

Is there a way to either stop a field from collapsing, even when there is no data for that field? Or, is there a way to have the field automatically expand when a user removes the filters with the slicer?

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back