Skysurfer

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi,

I have created a chart where the data points have long text labels (such as "Phase II Development" and "Web Site Development"). Each of the labels is linked to a particular cell. The problem is that Excel automatically wraps the text labels within the boxes. Sometimes it looks appropriate. Sometimes not so much.

I've tried selecting individual text boxes to widen them. But Excel doesn't seem to allow me to resize them.

Is there any way to prevent text from wrapping without having to create a freehand text box outside of the chart? Or a way to resize those text boxes?

Lawrence

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
I thought I'd bump this, rather than writing a new thread. I've got the same issue. It wouldn't be a problem if it was wrapping usefully, but it's putting the last letter of the label on the next line!!

I've tried the search, tried the help, throttled the monitor and nothing seems to work. Although the office would prefer it if I stopped swearing at my computer.

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I am having this problem. What I have found is that it is a Excel 2010 issue where the Format Data Labels > Alignment> Wrap text in shape is grayed out. I read that it is not grayed out in 2013 version of excel.
What I don't know is how to fix this in 2010. I have alot of graphs and it always wraps the last number down to the next line. I heard that it might be able to be fixed in writing some VBA code but I am not sure how to write this.
If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this other than inserting a text box, I would love to hear it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back