How to make a Form To Stay OnTop Of All Windows During A Cross Application Script.... Any ideas?

smason48

Right, I am a collaboration of advanced vba minds, I have a nice hard one for the holidays! :LOL:

I basically have developed some VBA which takes snapshots of data in excel and copys/pastes it into PowerPoint, along with titles and text boxes etc... and it works fantastic, however rather unsightly as there are many slides and there's a lot of flashing and visual activity going on.

I want to hide all this from the user in the way of a form on screen (or another method) just to make it look more professional. For the excel parts I use Application.Screen Updating = False, however this does not work in PowerPoint and the alternative to open power point in the backgrounds means the script doesn't run correctly.

I have tried to use a form and make modal = false but as I am going cross application it ends up disappearing. I fear I am way out of my depth but the only thing I can thing of is somehow loading a windows reference library into excel and making a modal:false windows dialog box appear in-front.

Any thoughts on how I could do this or an alternate route? Or anybody been in this predicament?

Thanks in advance guys. :confused:

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back