How to make a formula in Excel for my payroll

MsAH1993

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have just recently employed 4 employees and I would like to do the payroll myself, rather than paying an accountant. I am trying to do this months pay and am finding it quite time consuming and want to know if there are some formula I can use to speed things up. I am using this tax calculator and putting all the information and values into a spreadsheet. This calculator must be using some sort of formula and I'm wondering if I can replicate it in excel?
Is this the best way of doing this or is there some cost-effective software that can do this for me? Any advice would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
If you're simply calculating taxes, then it seems it's using 15% tax rate. thus your formula would be: =Salary*15% and that would calculate your taxed the employee has to pay and you must deduct. i.e. - if the Salary is $1000, they would pay/you would deduct $150 and their net pay would be $850. However in Canada, your tax rate changes depending on how much you make so if that's the case for the UK you would have to account for that if you have different employees in different Tax brackets.

Upvote 0
If you're simply calculating taxes, then it seems it's using 15% tax rate. thus your formula would be: =Salary*15% and that would calculate your taxed the employee has to pay and you must deduct. i.e. - if the Salary is $1000, they would pay/you would deduct $150 and their net pay would be $850. However in Canada, your tax rate changes depending on how much you make so if that's the case for the UK you would have to account for that if you have different employees in different Tax brackets.

There is pension contributions,national insurance (employee and employer), student loan deductions etc, there is different rules. Also our tax is not on all salary we get allowances dictating by tax code etc

Upvote 0
There is pension contributions,national insurance (employee and employer), student loan deductions etc, there is different rules. Also our tax is not on all salary we get allowances dictating by tax code etc
If that's the case then i think unless you can get all the different scenarios of calculations you're likely best off continuing to use the calculator.

Upvote 0
If that's the case then i think unless you can get all the different scenarios of calculations you're likely best off continuing to use the calculator.

Honestly, you should probably use quickbooks for this:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back