How to make cells blank

Kernow Jon

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone, I am a bit of a self-taut amateur and have been using Excel to run a league of eight individual DART players. Everything has been going quite well.....But I have now hit a problem I just can’t seem to find an answer for, so would really appreciate it if someone could tell me if what I want to do is actually possible?

I am taking information off weekly result sheets of the match scores. Each match is 8 legs so a draw will be a 4-4 score line. The zeros in G10 and H10 is causing other formulas to give won draw lost returns before required so I need these cells to be BLANK.

Can I achieve this with conditional formatting? Or can I somehow rewrite the line in G10 to keep the cells BLANK until the actual match score is entered in my weekly sheets? Pulling my hair out trying to work out something which I suspect is quite simple to you guys out there. Any help, ideas or a solution would be greatly appreciated.

I have entered results from week 1and 2 which then brings the other formulas on this Players sheet into play.

The formula I have put in F10 -F21 is........ =IF(G12=H12,"Draw",IF(G12>H12,"Won","Lost")) I10 - I23 is...... =IF(ISBLANK(G10),0,IF(F10="Won",2,IF(F10="Draw",1,IF(F10="Lost",0,""))))

Screenshot (42).png

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
What is in L44 on the week 3 sheet?

Upvote 0
L44 is the cell that records the 3 games Dave wins in his Week 1 match that sheet contains the 4 matches played each week by all the eight players.
when the result is recorded in that sheet all the match stats are sent to the Players Match Stats Record sheets. the sheet im having probs getting the BLANKS in !

Upvote 0
L44 is the cell that records the 3 games Dave wins in his Week 1 match that sheet contains the 4 matches played each week by all the eight players.
when the result is recorded in that sheet all the match stats are sent to the Players Match Stats Record sheets. the sheet im having probs getting the BLANKS in !
The cell numbers are different each week because of the playing order on any given week. THERE IS A SEPERAT SHEET that I record each weeks matches on from W-1 to W-14

Upvote 0
The cell numbers are different each week because of the playing order on any given week. THERE IS A SEPERAT SHEET that I record each weeks matches on from W-1 to W-14
I have just taken a screenshot of the workbook to give you an idea how I have tried to set it up.
Screenshot (44).png

Upvote 0
Ok, what is in L47:S47 is it manually entered or a formula, if the later what is the formula?

Upvote 0
Ok, what is in L47:S47 is it manually entered or a formula, if the later what is the formula?
L47:S47 Is manual entry as I can use the laptop on match nights and make entries in real time as the matches are being played the players tons, maw and Finishes are aslo manualy entry on the match sheets

Upvote 0
Ok if you use
Excel Formula:
=IF(COUNTIF(L47:S47,"")=8,"",COUNTIF(L47:S47,"w"))
you can then use
Excel Formula:
=IF('W-1'!L44="","",'W-1'!L44)

Upvote 0
Ok if you use
Excel Formula:
=IF(COUNTIF(L47:S47,"")=8,"",COUNTIF(L47:S47,"w"))
you can then use
Excel Formula:
=IF('W-1'!L44="","",'W-1'!L44)
Thank you, I will try this, I can see what you mean buy giving a "" to get blank cells....... fingers crossed

Upvote 0
Those formulas work beautifuly and give me the desired blanks. The formula I put in Column F seems to be talikg the blanks as a drawn match, how could this be altered to keep this blank until G has data showing ?? sorry to be such a pain...really getting my head in a muddle when i need to show these blank cells !!! Daft Cornishman that I am :eek:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeerMan23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back