How to make the list box content appear in excel cells?

terry3232

Hi all,

To rephrase my question: after adding a list box button using the VB function in excel, creating the input range, then you can select the various values.

However, you do you make excel automatically populate a specific column with the selected values?

Thanks for helping!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Can you describe in more detail what it is that you are trying to do. I read this and your previous post, and it doesn't make sense to me.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I routinely export large number of tables from SPSS into excel and the tables may take up 20000 or even 40000 rows in space. At times, I want to select one or two tables, or a small sets of the tables to examine the numbers. Thus I am thinking that by having this list box VB button with a particular column as the imput range(this will allow me to select single or multiple text values from this column, and the text values may be the table headers), then I wonder if it is possible to have macro assigned to this VB button so that when a table header or multiple headers are selected, then the relevant tables will be pasted into a new sheet for me to examine. I know the challenge here might be "how many rows of data should the macro tell excel to paste over, and how to make sure that the pasted info do not overlap?"

I haven't thought it through, but please advise if you have some ideas.

Upvote 0
How are your multiple tables arranged in Excel? How would you expect to select multiple tables? It's fairly easy to manipulate data from one table ... to find out more do some research on Advanced Filter.

Upvote 0
Can't you just specify criteria for your initial import?

If you can't the Glenn's filter suggestion is probably a good idea.:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back