HOW TO NOT PASTE A COMMAND BUTTON

Mr_Phil

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
I just got a new windows 11 laptop and the office 365 subscription is in effect. Using Excel. I have a command button in the midst of a column header. From time to time I will copy the column headers and the first couple of (usually filtered) rows to send for action. My command button also copies and pastes into outlook which really "enhances" the look. In my old windows 10 / office 365 setup this did not happen. Is there a setting I might have triggered when migrating?

This is how it looks in the workbook (I have the xl2bb but the row limit got me and the data doesn't matter on this question)

1665609426599.png

This is how it looks when pasting into an email. That button causes outlook to make a nested table. Deleting the button in the email doesn't do anything for the look of the email being sent. Is there another properties sheet other than the one you get with a right click on the button?

1665609481273.png

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Did you try setting the PrintObject property to False?
How are you getting that into the email - if I copy cells I don't get any buttons when pasting into Outlook email?

Upvote 0
How are you getting that into the email - if I copy cells I don't get any buttons when pasting into Outlook email?

I have no idea why the command button copies over to outlook. It's inert and easily deleted. Then the table has to be fixed. AS you mentioned (thank you for trying to help btw) I checked and then unchecked the print object checkbox for the button so it should be set at false. The Move and size properties have been back and forth trying to see if they are influencing the copy/paste behavior.

Upvote 0

Hi again. I figured it out and wanted to at least tell the guy that tried to help me. It is in the settings.

FILE>OPTIONS>ADVANCED>CUT COPY PASTE> UNCHECK THE THIRD BOX as shown.

1666811601803.png

Upvote 0
Solution
Hmm. As I wrote, that didn't happen to me even though that setting is checked in my version. Maybe something to do with how the object is placed in your sheet since we both seem to have the same version ( or do we? 365, version 2205)

Upvote 0
Hmm. As I wrote, that didn't happen to me even though that setting is checked in my version. Maybe something to do with how the object is placed in your sheet since we both seem to have the same version ( or do we? 365, version 2205)

Yes we are close. Mine is version 2209

1667437993241.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back