How to output a dynamic range where the height of the range varies

dagda13

Board Regular
Hi, I have a search tool that returns a dynamic range. I'm trying to get it so that the outputted dynamic range is staggered.

I get this:

A
AA
AAA
AAB
AAC
ABABA
ABB
ABC
BBABAA
BAB
BAC
BBBBA
BBB
BBC

<colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:5266;width:108pt" width="144"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:6070; width:125pt" width="166" span="2"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
<style>table { }tr { }col { }br { }td { padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 1px; padding-left: 1px; color: black; font-size: 11pt; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; vertical-align: bottom; border: medium none; white-space: nowrap; }.xl65 { border: 0.5pt solid windowtext; }</style>
But I'd like the output to be staggered, like this:

A
AA
AAA
AAB
AAC
AB
ABA
ABB
ABC
B
BA
BAA
BAB
BAC
BB
BBA
BBB
BBC

<colgroup><col style="width:48pt" width="64" span="3"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
<style>table { }tr { }col { }br { }td { padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 1px; padding-left: 1px; color: black; font-size: 11pt; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; vertical-align: bottom; border: medium none; white-space: nowrap; }.xl65 { border: 0.5pt solid windowtext; }</style>

Is this possible? The outputted range will be dynamic (all the values are from formulae), which means the height of the outputted range may vary depeding on what is searched for, but the width of the range will always be the same. Is it possible to output a dynamic range like above, ie., staggered? Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjurney

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back