How to overcome #VALUE!

ahamed

Board Regular
Hi !!!

I have issue with sum function. I want to sum up a range of cells which contains formula of ""

(ex- =IF(ISERROR(IF($R14="","",(($Q14*$R14)))),"",(IF($R14="","",(($Q14*$R14)))))

When there is empty cells (due to use of "" function) I get an error message (#VALUE!) when I total those cells.

Please help me on this ..

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
You are multiplying, not totaling...

=N($Q14)*N($R14)

will return either a 0 or a non-zero numeric result.

BTW, totaling would run like...

=SUM($Q14,$R14)

Upvote 0
Hi

I think you all got wrong.

I want to sum up (or total) particular cells. When I total it I get #VALUE. The reason why I get error message is few cells of those cells I summed is just a blank.

In normal scenario we do not get error when we sum blank cell. Here the blank cells contains of formulas with ""

for example the cell may become blank since the following formula is used- =IF(ISERROR(IF(X14>0,W14*X14,"")),"",(IF(X14>0,W14*X14,"")))

As I mentioned above since few blank cells contains of these formulas (mentioned above) I cant add up (or total ) those cells. If I do I get #VALUE!.

Pls help me

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi

I think you all got wrong.

I want to sum up (or total) particular cells. When I total it I get #VALUE. The reason why I get error message is few cells of those cells I summed is just a blank.

In normal scenario we do not get error when we sum blank cell. Here the blank cells contains of formulas with ""

for example the cell may become blank since the following formula is used- =IF(ISERROR(IF(X14>0,W14*X14,"")),"",(IF(X14>0,W14*X14,"")))

As I mentioned above since few blank cells contains of these formulas (mentioned above) I cant add up (or total ) those cells. If I do I get #VALUE!.

Pls help me

Why don't you try the suggestion?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back