How to paste into Excel WITHOUT pictures, but formatting? (Facebook issue)

attv

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi! Any idea how to paste into Excel WITHOUT pictures, but formatting and hyperlinks?

I basically want to copy-paste the results of a search from Facebook, places tab (for example looking for realtors in Dallas), and paste this into Excel. Like in the picture below:

EXCEL_oYNeonPPm3-min.png

Problem is - the pasting takes a lot of time and I have VBA to delete all pictures anyway, so I don't need them at all.

So I was wondering if anyone had an idea how can I avoid pasting pictures to Excel when you copy from the web?

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Try this,
Copy from Web paste in note pad and then copy from note pad and paste in excel

Upvote 0
Hello Attv,
try this...
Go to web page, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Excel, right click, Paste special, select "Text" option, and "OK" in the end.

Upvote 0
Oh sorry, now I see you want to keep hyperlinks.
This works in Excel 2007, maybe newer versions allow something similar. Try ...
Select Excel "Data" tab, find "Get external data" on ribbon and select option "From Web".
In this Web Query insert destination address from where you want to copy data and press button "Go".
If errors occur press confirm button again few times. On right side select "Options" and check "Full HTML Formating".
Put mouse on top left corner to higlight selection (yellow arrow to right). Click to check.
Press "Import" button.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bro, Try this,
After images and links directly into Excel, Press ctrl+g, then click on special, select Objects and press delete.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Bro, Try this,
After pasting images and links directly into Excel, Press ctrl+g, then click on special, select Objects and press delete.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Bro, Try this,
After pasting images and links directly into Excel, Press ctrl+g, then click on special, select Objects and press delete.
Thanks
You miss the point. I know how to delete pictures after pasting them. I just don't want pictures to be pasted in the first place, since it's taking a lot of time.

Oh sorry, now I see you want to keep hyperlinks.
This works in Excel 2007, maybe newer versions allow something similar. Try ...
Select Excel "Data" tab, find "Get external data" on ribbon and select option "From Web".
In this Web Query insert destination address from where you want to copy data and press button "Go".
If errors occur press confirm button again few times. On right side select "Options" and check "Full HTML Formating".
Put mouse on top left corner to higlight selection (yellow arrow to right). Click to check.
Press "Import" button.
Unfortunately not working + too much wasting time with opening Facebook in Excel.

Guess will have to do this the long way around

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back