5. 2010
  6. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi peeps,

im trying to get some data into a userform listbox
i've got a table "dumpstats" on sheet "dump stats":sneaky: with columns A:BF, with headers
and i'm trying to populate the userform listbox1 with some columns from that table.
i can populatie it with all the columns but i need only a few of them like colomn; B, D, BF etc....or with the headernames
Also it can be either column C,A,D...so, not in alphabetic order.

so actualy the question....how to populate the listbox with columns i want to see.

thanks in advance

Sorry, you did say that you had a Table. In that case, since the header row is not included in the range defined by its name, try the following code instead...

VBA Code:
    Dim rng As Range
    With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("dump stats").Range("dumpstats")
        Set rng = .Offset(-1, 0).Resize(.Rows.Count + 1)
    End With

Dim filt As Variant
    filt = Application.Filter(rng, Evaluate("ISNUMBER(MATCH(INDEX(" & rng.Rows(1).Address(external:=True) & ",1,0),{""Header2"",""Header4""},0))"))

If Not IsError(filt) Then
        Me.ListBox1.List = filt
    End If

Hope this helps!
still no list 🤔
Schermafbeelding 2022-11-28 151022.png

this is what i did
VBA Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Dim rng As Range
    With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("dump stats").Range("dumpstats")
        Set rng = .Offset(-1, 0).Resize(.Rows.Count + 1)
    End With

Dim filt As Variant
    filt = Application.Filter(rng, Evaluate("ISNUMBER(MATCH(INDEX(" & rng.Rows(1).Address(external:=True) & ",1,0),{""Datum"",""jaar""},0))"))

If Not IsError(filt) Then
        Me.ListBox1.List = filt
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
With the exact same code in the initialize event handler, here are a couple of examples for you. For columns {""Datum"",""jaar""} . . .

example1.png

For columns {""Header1"",""Header3"",""Header4""} . . .

example2.png

Does this help? If not, try post a small sample of your data, preferably using the xl2BB add-in.

Upvote 0
With the exact same code in the initialize event handler, here are a couple of examples for you. For columns {""Datum"",""jaar""} . . .

View attachment 79777

For columns {""Header1"",""Header3"",""Header4""} . . .

View attachment 79779

Does this help? If not, try post a small sample of your data, preferably using the xl2BB add-in.
got it working now with:
VBA Code:

With ListBox1
    .ColumnCount = 9
    .ColumnWidths = "50;60;40;175;60;80;70;70;70"

End With

LstRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For a = 0 To LstRow - 2
    B = a + 2
    ListBox1.AddItem
    ListBox1.List(a, 0) = Cells(B, 2)                                    '"jaar"                listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
    ListBox1.List(a, 1) = Cells(B, 8)                                    '"periode"             listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
    ListBox1.List(a, 2) = Cells(B, 10)                                   '"week"                listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
    ListBox1.List(a, 3) = Cells(B, 14)                                   '"project"             listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
    ListBox1.List(a, 4) = Cells(B, 15)                                   '"project nr."         listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
    ListBox1.List(a, 5) = Cells(B, 18)                                   '"normale of overuren" listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
    ListBox1.List(a, 6) = Cells(B, 54)                                   '"Excl.BTW"            listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
        ListBox1.List(a, 6) = Format(ListBox1.List(a, 6), "€#,##0.00")
    ListBox1.List(a, 7) = Cells(B, 55)                                   '"BTW"                 listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
        ListBox1.List(a, 7) = Format(ListBox1.List(a, 7), "€#,##0.00")
    ListBox1.List(a, 8) = Cells(B, 56)                                   '"Incl.BTW"            listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
        ListBox1.List(a, 8) = Format(ListBox1.List(a, 8), "€#,##0.00")

Next a
End Sub

it only works on the sheet where the table is ans when i run the macro.
but i've got a sheet18 "gegevens invoer" with several buttons.
i use that sheet to use the forms.

i can add to my code, activate or select the sheet(dump stats), but i want to stay on sheet18, and not go to there

what code do i need for that.

hope you understand my question...trying to do my best in english🤓

Upvote 0
Your macro can be amended as follows...

VBA Code:

With ListBox1
        .ColumnCount = 9
    End With

Dim sourceWorksheet As Worksheet
    Set sourceWorksheet = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("dump stats")

Dim LstRow As Long
    With sourceWorksheet
        LstRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
    End With

Dim a As Long
    Dim B As Long
    For a = 0 To LstRow - 2
        B = a + 2
        With sourceWorksheet
            ListBox1.AddItem .Cells(B, 2)
            ListBox1.List(a, 1) = .Cells(B, 8).Value                                    '"periode"             listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
            ListBox1.List(a, 2) = .Cells(B, 10).Value                                   '"week"                listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
            ListBox1.List(a, 3) = .Cells(B, 14).Value                                   '"project"             listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
            ListBox1.List(a, 4) = .Cells(B, 15).Value                                   '"project nr."         listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
            ListBox1.List(a, 5) = .Cells(B, 18).Value                                   '"normale of overuren" listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
            ListBox1.List(a, 6) = Format(.Cells(B, 54).Value, "€#,##0.00")
            ListBox1.List(a, 7) = Format(.Cells(B, 55).Value, "€#,##0.00")
            ListBox1.List(a, 8) = Format(.Cells(B, 56).Value, "€#,##0.00")
        End With
    Next a

End Sub

You'll notice that I have also declared all variables, and I have specified the Value property for the Range objects in the interest of clarity. Also notice the dots ( . ) before each Cells reference and Rows reference. And, lastly, you'll notice that I have gotten rid of some of the unnecessary lines within the AddItem/List section.

By the way, your English is perfectly fine. ;)

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Solution

VBA Code:

With ListBox1
        .ColumnCount = 9
    End With

Dim LstRow As Long
    With sourceWorksheet
    End With

Dim a As Long
    Dim B As Long
    For a = 0 To LstRow - 2
        B = a + 2
        With sourceWorksheet
            ListBox1.List(a, 1) = .Cells(B, 8).Value                                    '"periode"             listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
            ListBox1.List(a, 2) = .Cells(B, 10).Value                                   '"week"                listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
            ListBox1.List(a, 3) = .Cells(B, 14).Value                                   '"project"             listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
            ListBox1.List(a, 4) = .Cells(B, 15).Value                                   '"project nr."         listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
            ListBox1.List(a, 5) = .Cells(B, 18).Value                                   '"normale of overuren" listbox1.List(a, kolomnr.van listbox) = Cells(B, kolomnr.van tabel)
        End With
    Next a

End Sub

You'll notice that I have also declared all variables, and I have specified the Value property for the Range objects in the interest of clarity. Also notice the dots ( . ) before each Cells reference and Rows reference. And, lastly, you'll notice that I have gotten rid of some of the unnecessary lines within the AddItem/List section.

Cheers!
thanks for the help...this one works fine for me.(y)

VBA Code:

With ListBox1
        .ColumnCount = 9
    End With

Dim LstRow As Long
    With sourceWorksheet
    End With

Dim a As Long
    Dim B As Long
    For a = 0 To LstRow - 2
        B = a + 2
        With sourceWorksheet
        End With
    Next a

End Sub

Cheers!
thanks for the help..i appreciate...
for now im gonna try to make 6 comboboxes to use as a filter and copying the filtered lines in the listbox to my invoice sheet

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back