How to populate the unit # based on the last max number in a range in excel?

lowestsky27

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I tried creating a table to aid a manufacturing process. Where technicians perform some test and record the results. One of the column (unit #) auto populates based on other column entries of the table.

The unit # column helps keep track since a technician is supposed to test 14 units in a shift (4 different shifts - 1,2,3,4). The way I wrote the formula, it populates an "out of range" message when the unit being tested is not conforming to the standards and the tech needs to move on to the next unit. Leaving the "out of range" entry as is (this entry is needed for record keeping).

The table works as intended unless there are consecutive "out of range" units in the column. Then it goes back to unit# 1 (instead of unit#8 in case of this example)

1666703013219.png

Formula:

=IFERROR(IF(C16="","",IF(OR(AG16="Too Thick",AG16="Too Thin"),"Out of Range",IF(OR([@DATE]<>D15,C16<>C15),1,IF(OR(AG15="Too Thick",AG15="Too Thin"),IF([@DATE]=D14,AE14+1,1),AE15+1)))),"1")

What changes would you suggest I make to my formula? I tried MAXIFS at the end but got a !spill# error.

Thanks for that, how about
Excel Formula:
=IF(OR(AG12={"Too thick","Too Thin"}),"Out of range",MAXIFS(AE$11:AE11,C$11:C11,C12,D$11:D11,D12)+1)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back