How to prevent no text replies? How to Cancel drafts?

awoohaw

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
I've been asked by someone via a message in a thread, and not an email to stop making replies that are only quotes and no additional content.
I have not been doing this intentionally. How do you 'Cancel' an unposted reply? If there is a cancel button it is not easy to find for me.
The FAQ says drafts stay for 24 hours, and you can go back and update the draft to submit. But it says nothing about cancelling

There is nothing in the FAQ regarding this.
Additionally, I have clicked on the link in various help location to contact an Admin by email and I get a message that says I cannot do that because I am an admin. Because of this I "reported" the issue in the thread that the moderator had advised me of my uncommented quotes... to ask how to avoid. The moderator replied with "My report has been deleted, which was fine... but did not answer my question."

So, i have two questions:
1. How do you "cancel" unposted posts?
2. Please fix the contact admin links in the FAQs to people can write with questions. If you don't want the admins to get questions, then remove those links. They give false hope

You don't really need to cancel a post that hasn't been submitted - just don't submit it. If you need to delete a draft, use the Save icon on the right hand side of the editor toolbar:
1674747851439.png

Can you clarify which admin links you were clicking that gave you an error?

I don't think I sent or saved those no text messages. But, your help is great!
Here is the message when I hit msgAdmin from section 9 in Guidelines. I was not complaining about the moderator, I wanted to know the information you just gave me.

Thanks!!!

1674748949759.png

Ah - looks like we have a settings problem. Thanks for letting us know - we'll try and get that sorted out as soon as we can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back