How to prevent only certain items in dropdown list from triggering action

Alminc

Hi guys,

I have two dropdown lists, one for Status (column G), and one for Priority (column H) in one sheet.

Status list items: Avvakta, Underlag saknas, Utgår, Pågår, Klart
Priority list items: Prio 1, Prio 2, Prio 3, Övrigt

Now I've got a code that needs some modification in order to prevent items: Avvakta, Underlag saknas, Pågår, and Prio 2 to trigger any action at all except being selected, but I dont know how to do that.

Please help.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

Dim Ans As String
   Dim ws As Worksheet, nextrow As Long
   Dim Sht As String

If Target.CountLarge > 1 Then Exit Sub
   If Intersect(Target, Range("H10:H110,G10:G110")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.EnableEvents = False

Sht = Target.Value
   Select Case Sht

[COLOR=#669933]'------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Move Prio 1, Prio 3 and Övrigt to corresponding sheets, but do nothing when Prio 2 is slected. How ??
'------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]
      Case "Prio 1"
         If Not Evaluate("isref('" & Sht & "'!a1)") Then Sheets.Add.Name = "Prio 1"
         Set ws = Sheets("Prio 1")
      [COLOR=#669933]'Case "Prio 2"
         'If Not Evaluate("isref('" & Sht & "'!a1)") Then Sheets.Add.Name = "Prio 2"
         'Set ws = Sheets("Prio 2")[/COLOR]
      Case "Prio 3"
         If Not Evaluate("isref('" & Sht & "'!a1)") Then Sheets.Add.Name = "Prio 3"
         Set ws = Sheets("Prio 3")
      Case "Övrigt"
         If Not Evaluate("isref('" & Sht & "'!a1)") Then Sheets.Add.Name = "Övrigt"
         Set ws = Sheets("Övrigt")
[COLOR=#669933]'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Move status Utgår and Klart to sheets Utgår and Klart, but do nothing when Avvakta, Underlag saknas and Pågår are selected. How???
'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]
      Case "Utgår"
         If Not Evaluate("isref('" & Sht & "'!a1)") Then Sheets.Add.Name = "Utgår"
         Set ws = Sheets("Utgår")
      Case "Klart"
         If Not Evaluate("isref('" & Sht & "'!a1)") Then Sheets.Add.Name = "Klart"
         Set ws = Sheets("Klart")

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
[COLOR=#669900] ' Dont know what to do here....All items are triggering same action below
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]

End Select
   Me.Activate
   If MsgBox("Ska Almin flytta ärendet till fliken " & Sht & "?", vbYesNo + vbQuestion) = vbYes Then
      Target.EntireRow.Copy ws.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
      Target.Select
      Target.EntireRow.Delete
      If MsgBox("Vill du öppna fliken " & Sht & " nu?", vbYesNo + vbQuestion) = vbYes Then Sheets(Sht).Activate

Else

Target.ClearContents

End If
Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

I've got the original code from forum member Fluff, I am not coder myself.

Please someone help.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Try
Code:
   Case "Klart"
      If Not Evaluate("isref('" & sht & "'!a1)") Then Sheets.Add.Name = "Klart"
      Set ws = Sheets("Klart")
 [COLOR=#0000ff]  Case Else
      Exit Sub[/COLOR]
End Select

Upvote 0
Try
Code:
   Case "Klart"
      If Not Evaluate("isref('" & sht & "'!a1)") Then Sheets.Add.Name = "Klart"
      Set ws = Sheets("Klart")
 [COLOR=#0000ff]  Case Else
      Exit Sub[/COLOR]
End Select

Thank you, I just tried that but now none of the list items is triggering action.

I need items Prio 1, Prio 3, Övrigt, Utgår and Klart to trigger the action, while other items should just be passively selected.

Upvote 0
That should not affect the the cases you already have, it should only affect values that you don't have a select case for.

Upvote 0
I don't understand :(

I have all the items on my two dropdown lists, I just want some of the existing items to not trigger action when they are selected from the list, while other items do that.

Can you give me an example code, say I have items A, B, and C on the list, and I want only A and B to trigger action. Item C should only be selected from the list without any action following.

Upvote 0
Forgot something
Code:
      Case "Klart"
         If Not Evaluate("isref('" & Sht & "'!a1)") Then Sheets.Add.Name = "Klart"
         Set ws = Sheets("Klart")
      Case Else
         [COLOR=#ff0000]Application.EnableEvents = True[/COLOR]
         Exit Sub
   End Select
You may need to run this before it will work
Code:
Sub chk()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
It works now, thank you so much :)

I have another problem here that nobody has answered yet, so if it's not too much to ask...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back