How to Prevent the Deletion of Hidden Cells after Enabling Sort Functions

xAmyyyyyx

Hello,

I have followed the process of locking my worksheet then enabling the relevant columns to Sort using the 'Allow Edit Ranges' function. I unchecked the 'Select Locked Cells' option when protecting the worksheet so nobody can select the cells and edit them. However when I hide the relevant columns, the data can still be deleted if you highlight the entire row and 'delete'. Is there a way I can prevent this from happening?

-Amy-

taigovinda

Hi Amy,

I opened a new workbook with 1 sheet and unlocked all the cells. Then I put '555' into cell i17 and locked cell i17. Then I protected the sheet and checked every single box (allowing all permissions) EXCEPT for 'delete rows' and 'delete columns' ...now, whether i17 is in a hidden row/column or not, I cannot seem to delete the contents - not by selecting one or more rows or columns and pushing the delete key nor right-click and delete. If this works the same for you, perhaps you can add the permissions you want as long as those two boxes are not included.

Tai

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProParadox

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...