How to Programmatically Access Contents of a Table in an Outlook Invite

Michael_OB

Hi all,

I'm working on a project where I need to somehow access the contents of a table embedded in an Outlook invite programmatically. If it were in an email, I'd be dealing with an object of the class "MailItem" and I could call HTMLBody and use the "table" tags to get the contents. However, to my knowledge, no similar functionality exists for "AppointmentItem" objects. I know that there is the "RTFBody" function for MailItems, but I'm completely at a loss as to how to get the contents of the table using RTF and Google isn't very helpful on this front. For my purposes, the table in the Outlook invite can either be an embedded Excel Worksheet object, or simply a table you can insert by going to Insert | Table.

My end goal is to get the contents of tables embedded in a shared team calendar and send them to an Excel worksheet where I've built a dashboard of meetings my team has. The contents of the tables embedded in the Outlook invites on the team calendar have datapoints that I'd like to have show up dynamically in the dashboard. Everything is working fine with the exception of this one roadblock I'm at.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated - Thanks!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back