How to protect a project using VBA

nitind

Board Regular
I want to protect the project so that nobody is able to view the code written in that.How to do that .
If I do it will it create problems for the macro which I am using for the buttons and other objects.Do i need to unprotect the project in the macros .If yes how to do it

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
You basically can't.

There are ways to make it take a little longer to view the code, but Excel just isn't that secure - anyone with a text editor (ie 100% of users) has the tools to look at your code.

Upvote 0
I want to protect the project so that nobody is able to view the code written in that.How to do that .
If I do it will it create problems for the macro which I am using for the buttons and other objects.Do i need to unprotect the project in the macros .If yes how to do it

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but in VB highlight the project then go too tools>VBA Project Properties>Protection. From there you can set a password.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back