how to protect cells in excel sheet

enxocoebl

Board Regular
hey i have a problem.. my stock list and my invoice are in the same workbook. i have made the base for my invoice with vlookup and data validation. the problem is.. if i enter product names and make a bill i cant save it cos if do i cant use it next time.. at the same time i have the inventory update thing and the profit/ loss calculations going on in another worksheet in the same workbook that takes its input from the billing sheet. everything is working now as it should but will work for one time only. i want a permanent invoice form with its formulas intact irrespective of what i do to it or whatever the best workaround there is for this problem. pardon me for the noobish terminology. thank you.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
is it impossible???
should i make a separate workbook for the billing sheet?
it wud be great if the changes i make to the workbook get recorded without saving the changes... some kinda refresh button that automatically removes the contents of the last bill and show the original sheet.( the inventory update and the sales is calculated on a different sheet.. that still has to work).
please help me with this i am almost done.. thank you:confused:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back