How to pull information from a worksheet into a user form

rayzgurl

I have an Excel Workbook with 4 worksheets. Each worksheet is assigned to group that works a specific region. LA/MS/AL, NC/SC/GA, KY/TN/IN and FL.

When someone a New Task entry, a drop down box picks the correct worksheet to update, assigns a task number to this entry and updates the worksheet.

The task number is used on an Assigned Task form and a Completed Task form to update each entry when it is Assigned and Completed.

Because each form creates an email, people are having to retype information that was already entered on the New Task Form. I would like to be able to use the Drop down box that picks the correct worksheet and the task number to pull the information off the spreadsheet to populate the repeating information so people do not have to type it every time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pam

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Re: How to pull information from a worksheet into a user for

Hi Pam, Im not clear on what your asking but to place a value from a cell into a textbox do something like this...

TextBox1.Text = Range("A1")

Does that help?

Upvote 0
Re: How to pull information from a worksheet into a user for

Sounds like something I asked for help on a coule of days ago. I think what you want is a combination of formaulas using INDEX and VLOOKUP.

Create the pulldown list using Data...Validation and for the range type in = INDEX(NAME,0,1) where NAME is the column of data from whatever ever worksheet.

To create NAME, highlight the column of data and in the Name box (upper left hand) type a NAME (Cost, Name, Stuff, whatever).

Then on your form use VLOOKUP in each field to find the data from that other worksheet. The VLOOKUP should point to that pulldown list, but the source would be whatever worksheet.

Does this help?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back