How to put the highest rated player in a cell for a particular position

Steviefiege

Board Regular
Hi,

I've created a table below:

GOALKEEPERCOMPLETE WING BACK (RIGHT)CENTRAL DEFENDERCOMPLETE WING BACK (LEFT)ANCHOR MANADVANCED PLAYMAKERROAMING PLAYMAKERRAUMDEUTER (RIGHT)RAUMDEUTER (LEFT)DEFENSIVE FORWARD
PLAYERRATINGPLAYERRATINGPLAYERRATINGPLAYERRATINGPLAYERRATINGPLAYERRATINGPLAYERRATINGPLAYERRATINGPLAYERRATINGPLAYERRATING

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
Here's what i want to do:
I have a range of players in another sheet, but for this i'll just put one player down. As you can see he can play in multiple positions & has different ratings for each of those. What i want to do is to put his highest rated position & rating in the table above in the relative cell. So the result should be that in the table he'll be under Advanced Playmaker with a rating of 53.07

Houghton, JordanCentral Defender47.91667
Houghton, JordanAnchor Man48.18182
Houghton, JordanAdvanced Playmaker53.07692
Houghton, JordanRoaming Playmaker51.59091

<colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Rgs
Steve

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hi Steve,

Without seeing your PC screen, can you provide some cell address/sheet names, things to help understand layout and where output should go (be specific, with cell address).

You've created the first table but no connection how it goes from top table to just selecting Houghton, Jordan and data changing from horizontal to vertical data.

As a general formula (you can adapt) try:
Code:
=INDEX($A$1:$A$20,MATCH(MAX($B$1:$B$20),$B$1:$B$20,0))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Basically thats how its set out. The table is on a worksheet of its own called Squad Depth & the players are all in a list in a worksheet called Player Position Availability.
Just say the table starts in A1 with the positions going across the 1 row & the players the same starting in A1, there position in B1 & there rating in C1. What i want is for the player to go in his BEST RATED position in the table & once there then not be selected for the other positions he plays in as there not his best.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back