For i = LBound(l) To UBound(l)
    If l(i, 6) = "Completed" Then
        n = n + 1
        ReDim Preserve a(1 To n) As Variant
        a(n) = l(i, 1)
    End If
Next i

ReDim Preserve a(1 To UBound(a), 1 To 50) As Variant

I know we cannot redim the first dimensions of an array, that is why I wrote it like this.. but unfortunately I cannot expand my array columns

any advice?

Found it:

VBA Code:
Public Function ReDimPreserve(ArrayNameToPreserve, NewRowUbound, NewColumnUbound)
'
' Code inspired by Control Freak
'
' Redim & preserve both dimensions for a 2D array
'
' example usage of the function:
' ArrayName = ReDimPreserve(ArrayName,NewRowSize,NewColumnSize)
' ie.
' InputArray = ReDimPreserve(InputArray,10,20)
'
    ReDimPreserve = False
'
    If IsArray(ArrayNameToPreserve) Then                                                                    ' If the variable is an array then ...
        ReDim NewArrayNameToPreserve(NewRowUbound, NewColumnUbound)                                         '   Create New 2D Array
        OldRowUbound = UBound(ArrayNameToPreserve, 1)                                                       '   Save row Ubound of original array
        OldColumnUbound = UBound(ArrayNameToPreserve, 2)                                                    '   Save column Ubound of original array
'
        For NewRow = LBound(ArrayNameToPreserve, 1) To NewRowUbound                                         '   Loop through rows of original array
            For NewColumn = LBound(ArrayNameToPreserve, 2) To NewColumnUbound                               '       Loop through columns of original array
                If OldRowUbound >= NewRow And OldColumnUbound >= NewColumn Then
                    NewArrayNameToPreserve(NewRow, NewColumn) = ArrayNameToPreserve(NewRow, NewColumn)      '               Append additional rows/columns to NewArrayNameToPreserve
                End If
            Next                                                                                            '       Loop back
        Next                                                                                                '   Loop back
'
        If IsArray(NewArrayNameToPreserve) Then ReDimPreserve = NewArrayNameToPreserve
    End If
End Function

How is it capable of resizing both of the dimensions?

Well actually it can't. What it actually does is sets up an array with the row size and column size that you specify and copies data from the first array into it. It then sets the name of the new array to the array name that you specify. The name can be the same name as the original array name or a different array name. ;)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
How is it capable of resizing both of the dimensions?

Well actually it can't. What it actually does is sets up an array with the row size and column size that you specify and copies data from the first array into it. It then sets the name of the new array to the array name that you specify. The name can be the same name as the original array name or a different array name. ;)
Hey! so I managed to finally give it a spin and it works wonderfully! :)

I noticed it responds to
VBA Code:
Option Base 1
so that was great!

thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back